Thursday, December 31, 2009

Broken bodies/broken spirits

I just read an article about Sarah who was completely paralyzed (couldn't even talk) as a result of falling out of a back pack at the age of 11 months. Over the years, her limbs became distorted and she had to be carried everywhere. The parents took loving care of her for 34 years, until she died. I cried as I felt overwhelmed with God's compassion for Sarah and all who are like her.Not only did I feel God's compassion for deformed and disjointed bodies, but also for all our deformed, disjointed, and spastic spirits. I can imagine that most of our spirits resemble Sarah's little body that was traumatized by tragedy. We see broken bodies, but God sees broken spirits as well. His arms and heart must ache to hold and embrace our deformities and to whisper sweet secrets Known only to us, the spastic ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home