Friday, October 15, 2010

A Better God?

God and I have this agreement - it was never a formal agreement - it was more like a "knowing". This agreement, this knowing was this: "Robin, if you want to know Me, if want to know my heart towards you and others, watch how you relate to your granddaughter; watch how you feel towards your grand daughter."

And so I do. And here is what I am finding. I love to do what she loves to do. So if she loves to discover how to stack rings on a stick, I love watching her. If she loves wandering in our drive way, then I love to follow her in her wanderings. If she loves to discover that the curb makes a wonderful seat, then I love discovering that with her.

That is a far cry from what I was taught God loved. I was taught that He decided what I was to love and then I would be punished if I disagreed. I think I like this God better.

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Doug Hammack said...

if this was facebook, i'd click on "like!"

 
At October 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

You've "arrived", Robin! When you are grown up enough, or old enough, or comfortable enough with yourself to admit following a grand child around & finding it delightful.. I'm pretty sure God is happy & smiling over you!
And I for one love that in you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home