Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eternal Life Now?

So in answer to the Expert of the Law's inquiry on "what must I do to inherit eternal life?," Jesus says to love your neighbor. He then proceeds to describe a scenario in which a business man on the way to work, comes across a person in need and meets that need. And I am thinking, "Hmmmm, I wonder if that man was aware that he was inheriting eternal life while he was helping that man on the way to work? I wonder if eternal life is a lot like "normal" life? I wonder if we miss eternal life because we think that if it is not accompanied by bells and whistles, then it is not eternal life? I wonder if we can purposely live the normal life with the understanding that this also might be what eternal life is like?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home