Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Sanctuary

I have a friend that always talks about listening for God. After hearing him talk this way, it occurred to me that I don't listen for God the way he does. So I asked myself should I be listening for God like he does and/or do I seek God differently? What I suspect is that I seek God differently - I seek to sense God - I put out feelers in order to sense God. I'll give you an example. A couple of months ago, I was finishing up at the UPS warehouse where I work. All 150 trucks were gone and it was unusually quiet except for a bird flying somewhere in the hinterlands of UPS' ceiling. With just a smidgeon of imagination, UPS became a sanctuary (large, quiet, empty, timeless) where God celebrated life and just being aware of that caused my spirit to soar with a co-joint celebration - we were in peace and joy - we were in God's sanctuary - I was sensing God.

It struck me that it is possible that just as people tend to favor one of three learning styles (visual, auditory or tactile) that it is possible that people tend to also seek to experience God in one of three ways - visually (looks for God), or auditorily, (listens for God), or tactile-ly (senses or feels God). Just a thought (just a wondering).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home