Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bragging Rights

I find it interesting that God seems to have a higher opinion of man than man gives Him credit for. For instance, in the exchange between God and Satan, God praises Job for being such a good person. Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

And yet if I had been asked to guess what God's opinion of man was or to guess what He told Satan, I would have guessed it would have been, "Yes, Job is like the rest of humanity, he has fallen short of my glory, but I love him." Yet here we have God saying about a person, that he is blameless and upright.

Who knows, you might be surprised at what God thinks of you - He might be bragging about you to the Powers that Be, "Look at my servant, she is blameless and upright - she respects Me and shuns evil!

(I'm thinking the writers should get together and decide once and for all what God thinks about man.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home