Sunday, January 15, 2012

Serenity

Often, days and weeks after I go somewhere or read something or am with a friend, I find that some of the oddest things "stay in my spirit". Of course, at the moment, they meant nothing to me. But afterwards, I notice a "presence," a "remembrance," as I said, of the oddest things.

One of those "remembrances" was the memory of two older ladies sitting on a bench at the Rembrandt Exhibit. I saw them and what registered on my brain, was their serenity. I wondered what their journey to serenity was. But the thought went so fast and I was with others and had already lingered behind and so I hurried on.

But as the days went by, my mind went back, not to Rembrandt's genius, but to the serenity on those two older ladies' faces. I haven't nurtured serenity enough yet, for it to ooze from my face, but I'm facing the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home