Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hold Fast

I often ask myself the question, Is this the abundant life? Is the life I'm living, abundant? In other words, is there validity to the claim that an abundant life can be found in Christ Jesus?

I was watching the movie, "Moneyball," in which the General Manager of the Minor League Baseball Team, the Oakland Athletics, and his Assistant were one of the first to commit their futures and the future of the team to an Abstract Truth. The Abstract Truth happened to be, Statistics Don't Lie, but that is beside the point.

After they did that, nothing seemed to verify that their Truth was true.  (They lost 8 games in a row). At that point, the Assistant Manager (the statistician) said, "The sample pool is too small to draw any conclusions from." In other words, hold the course - your Truth is true.

I think our days are similar. It takes a while for the sample pool of our days to grow in order for us to experience Christ's claims. My latter days are more peaceful and more serene and more joyful than my former days. We need Statisticians to remind us that our Truth is true and to hold fast till our sample days grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home