Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Little Perspective

I don't know which confounds me more, Nature or my response to Nature.

So again, I'm watching "I Shouldn't Be Alive" and again, I'm watching myself feeling aghast at "Nature's" response or lack thereof, to man's dire straits. Pelvic bones are smashed, temperatures are below zero, 8 miles have to be crawled etc. and Nature sends blizzards!

And it is slowly dawning on me why up till this last generation, mankind gladly and relentlessly strove to conquer and dominate Nature. After all, She (or He) was merciless towards man to the point of death. (And without remorse!)

Technology has just recently defanged Nature so that the Likes of Me could smile romantically at birds and flowers and clouds and katydids and breezes and call Nature Good and maybe even God. Maybe technology is what is Good or even God - JUST KIDDING!

 . . . just a little perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home