Friday, February 3, 2012

Sweet Nothings

My 3 year old granddaughter takes her time waking up on Sunday mornings. I usually go in, kneel by her Little-Car-Bed-Made-Just-For-Little-People, stroke her hair and say sweet nothings to her as she lies half awake. And as I was doing that to my granddaughter, I could imagine God expressing His heart towards me in a similar way - I could imagine Him kneeling beside me, stroking my hair and murmuring sweet nothings in my ear.

Later that day, as I sat outside, the warm breeze that tussled my hair was silky, smooth and sweet. The question that drifted over me was, "Is this You, Lord? Is this You stroking my hair and saying sweet nothings in inaudible tones that delight the soul?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home