Sunday, November 21, 2010

In-Between Stage

I've been wrestling with God for maybe 30 years. During the darkest 5 year period, I remember I had no hope, which meant I could not imagine a future that I wanted to be a part of, even a fanciful future. The best anyone could tell me was that they had been in a similar place and that it didn't last, which I thought, "bully for them".

If I had been able to talk to me at that point, here is what I would have told me: I would have told me that it is possible to still have hope and still not be able to imagine a future one wants to be a part of. The reason why is because the person that does the imagining, is the person that changes. The person that can not imagine a future that she wants to be a part of, changes (dies?) and the new person can imagine a future she wants to be a part of. It's that in-between stage that (literally?) kills you.

1 Comments:

At December 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Dear Robin..
I've been there; more than once. I'd have heard what you would have told me, but I am afraid I would have either thought the "bully for you" part or that you had no idea how hopeless my life was to me... And now.. I look back and wish I knew where the person that DID tell me that was so I could write them and tell them how much their words did soak in and kept me going till the "death" of that me was gone and I found life a wonderful journey again. I think it is all the little "deaths" we experience on this journey that make us better people and more able to "be there" & help others. They may bring us closer to the "walking in anothers mocasins" & more understanding...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home