Sunday, October 31, 2010

Through Their Eyes

I am wired to be able to get inside other people. It has been as much a curse as it has been a blessing, at least until I learned that it was my responsibility to "manage" my gift. In other words, I had to learn to "get out" of people once I "got in" them.

One of the ways this gift manifests itself is that I am able to get inside children and see life the way they see it. This is one of the reasons I adore children. I love the way they experience life. Little people live in the moment and their life is full of wonders and they are totally unselfconscious.

It dawned on me one day that I don't have to be with a child to see life through their eyes. I can imagine I am a child and I can imagine seeing life for the first time - full of wonder. Is this part of what Jesus means when He says that we experience the abundant life by becoming like a child?

1 Comments:

At November 5, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

The "child" side of me is alive and well... I love that side of me and protect it dearly. The "rest" of me is very conscious of it, very protective of it. What the child sees, feels, knows & loves is dear & precious! It loves puppies, colored leaves & gathers bouquets of them! It feels life, it loves life! My child sees only good; it sees sparkle, roses, the best of folks, the colors & shapes & forms of leaves, bark and rocks. It hears the babble of rivers & creeks; it loves falls of rivers onto the mossy rocks and pools below!! It loves animals and fish and shells and the sea,; it loves the mountains, forests, plains and deserts! I'm happy their is a child side of me... It makes a better "me"..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home