Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wind Whipped Doggies

I've been thinking that if God were a dog, when He went for car rides with His owners, He'd put His head out the window and exult in feeling the wind whipping His ears and burning His eyes and tingling His nose. I don't know what it is, but there is something so free, so unfettered, so happy-making, so doggie, about dogs lollygagging out of car windows. I know I'm probably the only person who thinks of God when she sees wind whipped doggies, but my Spirit gets so happy when I see that - I want to join them - I want to go "wheeeee all the way home" (oh wait, that was a piggy).

1 Comments:

At November 5, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Nervous about his safety... I only roll down the window enough for my puppy to put his face out the window .. when we get off the freeway & into our neighborhood. But that is his most favorite time!! (I think he is going "wheeeeeee"; you are probably correct on that!) I am sure he feels free, wild and running the show! Yes, I see God in my puppy many times! He loves to fun free! He is so happy when one of us returns home even after a quick trip to the store.. he is faithful,adoring, loving and attentive; when one of us is ill he will sit by us and show loving attention. He shows love and caring better than many people... I'm sure God gave us "man's best friend" to help us learn...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home