Monday, November 29, 2010

Loving Love

So why did it take me so long to love . . . Love? When I go to my heart and ask what I thought about Love for most of my life, I would have to say that I didn't trust Love. Love to me was a facade, was manipulative, was whatever the word is that promises one thing and delivers another. I was not impressed with Love and decided I could live without it.

I remember as I child reading about someone who had conversations with God and so I decided to have a conversation with God. The first thing He said was, "I love you, Robin." And I remember rolling my eyes metaphorically and thinking, He's just saying that because that is what God is suppose to say. And I didn't talk to Him again like that for a long time.

I think my children and grandchildren snuck love into my heart when I wasn't looking and I've been addicted ever since. And did I say, it helps to have had your heart broken? For some reason, broken hearts receive Love in a way unbroken hearts can't. It might be because broken hearts are desperate hearts and Love doesn't meet any resistance in desperate hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home