Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whole Together, Not Apart

I'm adjusting to the reality that wholeness is not to be found within, but without. I keep seeking wholeness within myself. In other words, when I experience the incompleteness of my humanity, I remind myself, that is because I am complete when I am in community and will never be complete any place else.

I look around and I see people who are more secure than me, who are more organized than me, who are more socially competent than me, who are more relaxed than me, who are more focused than me, who are more ambitious than me, who are more hard working than me, who are more together than me, who are more anything than me. And when I have those thoughts, I remind myself, that that is why I hang out with them - they get to be all those things and I don't have to be all those things and together, we are complete. (so there!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home