Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Playing Around

I've been playing around with the concept of eternity, trying to "have eyes to see and ears to hear". It appears from what Jesus said, that who we are and what we do here on earth impacts how we experience eternity and it seems to have been important to Him that we know that.

I am also convinced that if I were God, I wouldn't want anyone to be my friend (be with me in heaven) as a result of fear. So I'm not sure how we "marry" obedience, mercy, responsibility, justice, grace etc. in eternity other than to say something like, "eternity is where your essence gets magnified".

Or maybe eternity is a Person and not a place. Maybe the closer we get to Him, the more we become who we are, for better or for worse.

Like I said, I've been playing around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home