Monday, March 15, 2010

The Most Self Important Member of Our Body

One of the more life changing "understandings" for me was the understanding that my mind was not necessarily my friend. My mind did not necessarily tell me the truth, nor did my thoughts go through a Truth Detector before they came to me. We think that our mind is our friend and that our thoughts are true thoughts. But our mind is just as unruly as every other member of our body and needs just as much adjusting and disciplining as our bones and muscles need adjusting and disciplining. As someone once said, "“I use to think that the brain was the most important organ in the body until I realized who it was that was telling me this!” Yes, we would do well to be suspicious of the thoughts that emanate from this most self important member of our body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home