Monday, October 18, 2010

As He Is

So I'm watching my young friend and I'm imagining him say in a couple of decades, "You know back then, I thought no one liked me because I was so brilliant. Now I know it was because I was so brittle." I call this the Fallen Arches Syndrome (thanks, Billy Long). The Fallen Arches Syndrome is when you mistake a weakness for a strength (as in a fallen arch that is mistaken for a bulging muscle, a stronger than normal foot, instead of a weak muscle that has collapsed).

And then I am surmising, ... well what happens if God decides not to ever address that part of his personality. After all, we all die with "things un-addressed". And I am thinking, so maybe I need to enjoy him as he is with the understanding that God may or may not address this "flaw". In other words, even after he grows up, he still might be the same in this area - so maybe I better find a way to enjoy him as he is, as this might be all that he ever is.

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Oh I like this Robin!! If we were all to just start enjoying & even loving each other "just the way we are"!! No "fixing"! No trying to change each other... I like you, "as is." Oh I see the problems with that.. but there is a lot of good that could come of it, too! Simply let me see "you" and I'll find some good & like you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home