Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Identified With Christ

The nice things about our gifts is that we get to benefit from them as well as others. I have this gift/curse of being able to "get inside" other people's heads and hearts (sometimes). So sometimes in my thoughts, I talk to my friends and share my wrestlings and ponderings and then I get inside of them and answer me!

So, in my thoughts, I was telling my friends how I ended up about 180 degrees from where I thought I'd be at my age. I thought I'd be in the ministry with a godly spouse and godly children etc. Then, in my thoughts, my "friend" answered me and said, "But you are more identified with Christ where you are now than had you become what you dreamed of. Where you are is where you would find Him if He was on earth. You are where His heart is, His yearnings. His heart yearns toward the lonely, the hurting, the struggling, the desperate. Like your Father, your heart is always towards your most hurting child. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home