Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yes and No

So I've been puzzling over the phrase, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven" and I've been wondering, exactly how are we suppose to know what it is like in heaven? What does His kingdom look like in heaven? What does His will look like in heaven? Isn't it logical that in order for earth to emulate heaven, we should know a little of what it is we have been commissioned to emulate? And if there is no way we can know what heaven is like, how (on earth) are we suppose to bring that "unknowableness" to earth?

So if I was in a room with myself and I was voicing that question, Myself would answer, "How many times did Jesus say, 'The kingdom of God is like ...'?" So yes, we don't know and yes, we have been told.

So then I wonder, well then, if we gathered together all the sayings of Jesus that said, "The kingdom of God is like ...." would we then have a picture of heaven? Or would we have a picture of "on earth as it is in heaven"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home