Saturday, September 3, 2011

Savoring - Giving Oneself Moments of Pleasure

One of the tenets of Intuitive Eating is learning to savor ones food - consciously being aware of the food's texture and color and taste as you eat it. This takes learning a new skill set and this new skill set takes time and it takes attention.

As I put down my books and allow myself to be aware of the tastes and textures of food, I am giving myself moments of pleasure, what food was suppose to be in addition to energy-gathering.

As I'm giving myself moments of pleasure by way of savoring my food, I am also aware that this same skill set can be used in other times of my life. I can enrich my life by savoring the cicadas' chatter, by savoring my granddaughter's glee, and by savoring my ability to walk without pain.

As I contemplate my future, I remind myself that my future can consist of a plethora a moments that are savor-able. What a wonderful future is mine - one I give myself and no one and nothing can take away from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home