Saturday, August 20, 2011

Foibles and Baubles

Because my granddaughter is surrounded by beau coup of aunts and uncles, I am finding I have a lot of "competition" for her attention/affection. In fact, not surprisingly, I'm totally ignored by her when they are around. 

Initially, that took some getting use to. (I was use to being the Queen Bee with my little ones.) But because I am a Big Girl and because I understand life, I willingly wait until no one is around and then I know I'll have Grandmother/Granddaughter Time.

I am watching myself do the same thing to God. I give Him time and attention when I am not distracted by all the Foibles and Baubles of Life. I give Him time and attention after I finally exhaust all of my Distractions and have nothing left but Him.,

Not a point for condemnation - mainly observation and the suspicion that He's a Big Boy and will wait. Still, I'm not 2 and I'd prefer to treat Him better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home