Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yes? No?

The decisions we make . . . from what we wear, to where we go, to who our friends are, to what our career will be, all emanate from our perceived/created identity. God says that we, to some degree, get to create our identity. We get to choose who we become. So either consciously or unconsciously, we continually express our perceived/created identity through the decisions we make.

So you can either go at this through the front door or you can go at this through the back door. You can look at the decisions you make and ask the question, "According to the decisions I make, who does that tell  me I am?" or you can say, "I am SoAndSo, therefore I decide SuchAndSuch".

Recently, I did the latter. I was having a hard time making decisions concerning home and work and church. So I told myself, "You've got about 20 years left (maybe) . . . who do you want to be for those 20 years?" (The identity question)  And I answered myself and said, "I want to be Wisdom Woman" - (a created identity - something God (allows?) insists we do).

And then it wasn't hard at all to make the decisions I needed to make concerning time and money and people and places and jobs. (Of course, then one has to be willing to live with all the repercussions inherent in all  the "no's" that accrue as a result of all the "yes-es".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home