Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Knower

I'm reading "The Power of Now" while my church is doing something we call, 90 X 90. 90 X 90 is when we commit to "trying" to Center Prayer every day for 90 days i.e. 90 X 90. This book and the Centering Prayer, both say that it is a mistake to think that the mind is the (sole) problem solver. They both say that the Knower is a better problem solver than the mind.

I experience that truth in the oddest of places. For instance, I had come to an impasse in playing Free Cell. So I walked away (equivalent of leaving the mind in Centering Prayer), came back and there was the "way out", the solution.

 I love having a Way Out in life. I love having been introduced to Centering Prayer. I love "The Power of Now".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home