Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Choice?

So I pass this sign every week that says, "Come unto Me, all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." And because I am in this mode where I am learning Centering Prayer, I relate this verse to  my new found endeavor of learning to live in the present moment. Which means, the way I "come unto Me" is by going into the present moment where God is to be found. (I AM THAT I AM - very much the present tense - the present moment).

Not only do I "come unto Me" by going into the present moment, but I am hoping that by living in the present moment, (or at least pointing in that direction) I will learn to not become "weary and heavy laden" in the first place. In other words, there is the possibility that sometimes "weary and heavy laden" is a choice . . . or the result of bad choices.

I don't think it would hurt God's feelings for us to not need Him in that way. I don't think it would hurt God's feelings if we actually learned the fine art of not becoming weary and heavy laden in the first place.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home