Monday, July 15, 2013

More Than Enough

Father Keating says, "You don't have to win over God's love; you have more than you know what to do with."

So today (was it the old familiar neural pathways?) the metaphoric half empty cup looked mighty appealing. Maybe it was because yesterday, I told my Life Story to a friend. Maybe it was because I was waxing philosophical. Maybe it was because I was feeling fat.

But I reminded myself of what Father Keating said and told myself, "If you want, you don't have to nourish that little hard spot. If you want, you can say, 'Yes, I have more of God's love than I know what to do with.'"

 And I do.

And it feels like trying to stand erect against a very, very strong wind - everything in me wants to let go and be flattened.

But to tell the truth, I'm really getting pretty good at standing erect against my very strong winds.
(And I'm feeling quite adult-ish, thank you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home