Thursday, February 21, 2013

Scanning for Teachers

So it took me many years, but I finally became teachable.

Becoming teachable has resulted in my scanning the landscape for teachers.

I found a teacher the other day and I've kept her in my heart. It happened like this:

It took me 40 minutes to get a phone. Unfortunately there was a mother with a toddler behind me. This meant she waited 40 minutes to even begin what she came for.

During that 40 minutes, she calmly, caringly gave her daughter attention on a little blanket on the floor.

And there was no passive aggressive, grim smiling when she finally was waited on.

I observed a calm, centered, embracing-of-life, with no passive aggressive I'll-be-nice-but-I'm-not-liking-this-nor-you attitude.

(sigh)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home