Friday, January 11, 2013

The One Who Shuffles

A mentally impaired gentleman has recently been hired where I work. My heart is so tender towards him; I feel the compassion of God every time I see him.

He is young, but walks with his head down and with a shuffle . . . the kind of shuffle that takes a great deal of concentration. And sometimes I look at him and imagine what he would look like and act like if he had a different brain.

And I pray for him. I know what it is like to be confused by life . . . to know just enough to be tormented.

And I think, if I, a mere mortal, feel compassion for this struggling one, then surely God has compassion on you and me - the other shuffling ones - just a little higher up the ladder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home