Thursday, October 28, 2010

There All Along

The view outside my bedroom window glows in an unusual way in the fall. It must have something to do with the types of trees that grow there and the yellowish glow of the sun - the whole woods seem to turn magical. I just know if I am quiet enough I am bound to see a hobbit darting between the trees.

While waiting for my furry-footed friends to appear, I imagine the change that the leaves are going through. I imagine them experiencing the loss of green chlorophyll and the amazement they must feel as they watch themselves take on colors they had no idea were within.

And with a little more imagination, I see the leaves as a mini redemption story... a mini story of what happens as my "flesh," my false self, recedes. My false self is like the green chlorophyll and underneath are the hidden colors of the Spirit. The hidden colors of the Spirit are exposed only when the false-self-chlorophyll recedes, leaving me with a glory hithertofore unknown, but there all along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home