Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Okay

My life is chock full of oughts and shoulds. Hardly a minute goes by that a should-thought or an ought-thought doesn't tap on my shoulder. "I ought to be more out-going like so and so; I ought to be more pro-active like so and so. I ought to be more embracing of that judgmental relative; I ought to be like my son who gets an incredible amount of work done; I ought to have learned that lesson years ago; I ought to be more mature; I ought to be more adept at confronting and of course the ultimate . . . I ought not to think ought thoughts!" And did I mention that the result of these casual thoughts are that they are very happily draining?

So I go back to my Good-Tender-Kind-Endearing-Embracing-Adoring-Respectful Truth and I hear Him say, "Sweetie, it is okay that you are not more out-going, more pro-active, more productive, behind in learning lessons, not confrontational and think ought thoughts. It is simply, okay. I like you. I enjoy you. In fact, I enjoy you a lot. Remember, there is only One Good and you are not Him and I never want you to be. An inadequate-incomplete-behind-you is totally fine with me. " Then He pats me on the bum and says, "Now go have a great day, you-adorable-child-you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home