Saturday, October 23, 2010

An Unharsh Truth

I buy a special yogurt that I know my granddaughter likes. I put it in a place in the refrigerator that I know she can reach and the yogurt is in a size that she can feed herself from. All these things make her happy. It makes her happy that she knows where to go to get yogurt and it makes her happy that she can reach for it herself and it makes her happy that she can feed herself.

And as I am putting the yogurt away this morning, I am anticipating all the little noises she makes when she is happy. I am anticipating enjoying her ... enjoying her little life. And of course, I am mulling over how God enjoys me ... enjoying my life and how He must anticipate my enjoyment as He arranges things that He knows I will enjoy.

As I walk towards Truth, Truth is much more good and tender and kind and endearing and embracing and adoring and respectful than I ever knew. No wonder He hides Himself until we can receive Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home