Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Little Stories in (Little) Brains

So I have this little story going on in my (little) brain and that is that my Rational Cousin disapproves of some of the decisions I have made and are making. He has never said anything, but I just know him and have listened to him for enough years to (supposedly) know what he is thinking.

That should be the first clue that my thinking is amiss (or is it amister?). In the past, I would not have examined those thoughts. I would have just "distanced" myself from him in my heart and mind, etc. (And that is actually what I did).

But in my attempts to live inside my body, and since that can get boring (with nothing to do inside there), I have begun to diligently examine my thoughts. (Or maybe a more accurate statement would be that I have gone to another level of examining my thoughts.)

Bottom line, I discovered that I did what I so often do ... I disapprove of my decisions, put that disapproval in his mind, reject him (for having my thoughts) and all is well ... until all is not well.

Lord help us not be ruled by our little (unexamined) stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home