Saturday, July 2, 2011

Private/Public

So I go to the grocery store this morning and run 2(!) red lights! Scary! What was going on?

Granted, they were both turn signals and all the traffic beside me was going forward. But there was more going on.

I go to work at 3 a.m. If I'm running late and there are no cars around, a red light is not something I "bother" to stop for. Do you see where I'm headed with this?

I had "programmed" myself at 3 a.m. (in private) to consider red lights optional. And sure enough, I did the same thing (in public) at 10 on a Saturday morning.

Scripture says, what we do in private, we will do in public and what we do in small things, we will do in large things. It infers, that since this is the way we are wired (hence, a "given") take advantage of the "given" and only do those things in private that you want to be done in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home