Wednesday, June 15, 2011

From Glory to Glory

So I was mulling over the song "from glory to glory He's changing me" (taken from 1 Cor. 3:18) when I realized that I never consider the place that I'm in right now as a place that is full of glory. In other words, if, as Scripture says, that we are "changed from glory to glory", then that infers that we move from a glorious place to a glorious place, which infers that the place that I'm in right now is glorious.

Another way of saying that is . . . that who I am, right now, is glorious (acceptable, desirable, enjoyed by God). (After all, we don't live in places, we live in bodies.)

Recently, I moved away from a place of cherishing who I am and where I am and was almost immobilized by the crashing of rejection/scorn/contempt. It lasted 2 days and was such a sobering, painful experience, that it made me realize that cherishing/enjoying my present "glory", my present (albeit incomplete) state, was not to be taken lightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home