Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When the Student is Ready

I've just gone through all the books I've accumulated over my various lifetimes and weeded out about half of them. I came across a slew of How-To Psychology books and I recalled the despair I felt when I first started reading those books some 20 years ago. I recalled the longing I felt to experience the change the writers had experienced. I recalled the frustration that change seemed to be possible for a few; but, oh well, not for me.

There is a sign inside Goodberry's on Spring Forest Road. It reads, "When the student is ready, the teacher will be found". When I first read that sign 20 years ago, I was not ready and there were no teachers. Ten years later, I can thank a Slew of Books for whetting my appetite, the School of Suffering for making me ready and a Group of Friends for being my teacher.

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Robin Case Nixon said...

I love the statement "When the student is ready, the teacher will be found". I am certainly a ready and learning student!

Robin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home