Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grace-Based

A friend and I are chuckling about a mutual friend who is one of those wacked Christians. I say to her that I love the fact that Christianity is grace-based. She asks what I mean and I say, "We have a religion that doesn't kill you when you make it look bad or when you insult it or when you abuse it or when you reject it or when you are whacked as a result of claiming it."

I continued to muse about our conversation and realized our religion reflects our God. Our God also will not kill you if you make "Him" look bad or when you insult Him or when you abuse Him or when you reject Him or when you are whacked as a result of claiming Him. We can also be thankful because our political system is based on our religion. Our justice system assumes innocence until proven guilty and is willing to let 10 guilty go free before sending one innocent to jail. All of these are reflections of a grace-based religion.

If you want to get close to a grace-based God, you have to be like Him - you have to be grace-based.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home