Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Intentional Living

So I'm playing a hymn on the piano and am aware that my body feels peaceful. The thought occurs to me, "You know Robin, you can feel this way all the time if you choose." And there is something inside of me that "leaps" with that thought, which causes me to give it more weight than I normally do.

I continue mulling - a body that feels peaceful on the inside can become my grid for decision making if I want it to. I immediately think about a useless argument I'm engaged in. My body is not peaceful and the argument is optional (and did I mention that I"m losing?). And when I imagine my self disengaging, my body feels peaceful.

So I put a sticky note with the words "peaceful body" on it and put it up where I can see it. (These days, in order to live intentionally, I need props.). And then, so that I don't set myself up for failure, I say that I will use a peaceful body as a grid for decision making - for today.

(If the sticky note stays up, then maybe I'll live intentionally one more day as well!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home