Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kingdom of God?

So I'm in a very poor section of Raleigh (yes, Raleigh has some very poor sections) and while I'm waiting for my client to come home, I'm watching this bird scratch and peck in front of a run down building with broken blinds and broken doors and broken windows and cracked cement and I'm thinking, "Wonder why this bird doesn't leave this crappy place and go to some place beautiful? After all, birds can fly! He could fly to any beautiful spot he wanted and live there for the rest of his short life!"

And one of the reasons is because this bird has a non dual mind - his little bird thoughts don't go to right and wrong and good and bad and ugly and beautiful. He has no judgment over the state of his surroundings.

I'm thinking we are never in danger of going too far in the direction of "bird thoughts"! No matter how far we go, it will never be to a state of complete non-judgment. But there is a possibility that that is exactly what Jesus was referring to when He said, the Kingdom of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home