Monday, September 10, 2012

Bindings

At the end of Frodo's journey, a Spider captured him and bound him tightly and hung him from the roof of the cave. Just as Frodo was bound tightly by the Spider's mesh, sometimes the Gift of Life within me feels bound tightly by my body. Often times the Gift of Life struggles and wrestles and groans with frustration, needing to emerge, but bound by my body.

A binding can kill and a binding can protect. The Spider's binding was meant to kill. A cicada's binding is meant to offer protection until the cicada is ready to fly. What I'm hoping is that, unlike the Spider's binding, my binding is there to protect. What I'm counting on . . . is that whenever, whatever is being protected, no longer needs protecting, (is strong enough) that the binding will fall off. I'm counting on the fact that Life will emerge at the right time and that the Knower will know when that time is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home