Sunday, September 16, 2012

Subtle Seduction

The other day, while I was on Facebook, I realized that after each entry, my picture occurs along with a blank box. Then I realized, oh the power of that picture and that blank box. It was like the invitation was more than an invitation and became a command. Indeed, the command "Write a comment" appears and being the obedient person I am, I feel the need to comply. And this has been going on for months without me thinking about it once. I find myself writing comments and editing them and erasing them and stressing over them, etc. Now that I have become aware of this "seduction", I am able to smile and say, I don't have to say anything just because some "program" appears demanding my attention/energy.

Wonder how many other undetected "programs" there are in my life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home