Saturday, December 8, 2012

Where is Left?

I was listening to a friend telling me how he was choosing life by being thankful. This friend tends to be morose. Hence my thoughts were . . . I hope you don't think that by cultivating thankfulness that that means a time will come when you are no longer morose.

I liken his reality to this. I have never been able to find my left hand without first going to my right hand. In order to find left .  . I have to find right and then go from there. I was lucky in 2 ways - the first was that I just happened to write with my right hand. And the second luck was that I only have 2 hands.

So when anyone says, Go left, I go to my right hand (the one I write with) and then I know that the other way (the other hand) is . . . left. (convoluted, right?)

All that to say, I also am morose by nature. I also have trained myself to be thankful. I also know that I will always go to morose first (my right hand) in order to find thankfulness (my left hand).

And there is no despair in the fact that transformation did not manifest itself in me . . .  by me not being morose; instead, it manifested itself in me . . . .by me being able to get to thankfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home