Sunday, December 16, 2012

Make Sense?

My 20 year old daughter and I went for coffee this morning at her request. The inevitable discussion about Sandy Hooks came up and we talked about this angle and that angle. She kept saying that it didn't make sense. I told her that it was impossible to make it make sense. I told her she could go there (trying to make sense of it all) but that in the end, she would get nothing back from the energy she had expended. She seemed to hear me and the conversation went on from there.

Then we drove home and we pulled in the driveway where a dusty-needing-repair car was parked with these letters smeared in the dust "EAVAME". As she was getting out of the car, she pointed to those letters and said (with much frustration), "I spend so much energy trying to make those letters make sense."

"That's what I was talking about," I said. "Don't spend your energy trying to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense."

Then she really heard me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home