Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beauty Doesn't Deliver

So I decided to actually do what I had only thought of doing - I got down on my knees and thanked God for my holy cup of coffee.

I thanked the soil and the trees and the sun and the rain for nourishing the Coffee Tree. I thanked the people for having the farm and growing the trees and harvesting the beans. I thanked the ships and planes for transporting the beans. I thanked the people and the machinery who produced oil and gasoline so that food could be shipped. I thanked the scientists and the engineers who built the equipment that could transport the beans. I thanked the entrepreneurs who formed the businesses that would sell me the coffee.  I thanked the people who ran the stores and stocked the shelves. I thanked God for my health so I could go to the store to buy the beans. I thanked my husband whose work allows me to have a home to have a cup of coffee in.

Like I said, it is truly a holy cup of coffee. (And I was surprised that Beauty didn't deliver food???!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home