Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alas and Alack Syndrome

So I'm imagining myself peaceful, with my eating and exercising as non-issues in my life and me with a sane job (and a few other things). And as I imagine myself this way, I am aware of a discomfort.  As I examine the discomfort, I have a niggling suspicion of what it  might be.

My niggling suspicion is that perhaps I need to feel bad. Perhaps I need to feel bad in order to feel normal. Perhaps I need to feel bad in order to feel like I'm a part of the human race. Perhaps I need to feel bad in order to reinforce that I'm a Deep Person. Perhaps I need to feel bad in order to feed my (what I call) Alas and Alack Syndrome - that which I feel as I put the  back of my hand to my forehead, close my eyes, sigh, and say, "Alas and Alack - Woe Is Me " (or would have in a different century).

No cause for alarm here - just a gentle nudge for me to consider doing life a little differently, to consider that it might be all right to not feel bad. (Sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home