Sunday, July 24, 2011

Own the Yuck

My reality assumes there are certain people that don't especially like me (imagine that!). And even though the odds are such that that is true, I think there is a truer truth that is more helpful to me. The truer truth is that I take those parts of me that I don't like and give them to the people I assume don't like me. I don't know which happens first - I don't like them and then I give them the parts of me I don't want to claim or I give them the parts of me I don't want to claim and then I don't like them. Sorta like the Scape Goat Phenomena - give the poor animal your sins and then send him off into the desert to die.

So I often border on the flippant (which slides into a Knowitall - did you notice, I'm still trying not to own it by camouflaging the spelling?). I put the thought in their heads, "She's a Knowitall" and I have them rejecting me and that is how I go about handling the parts of me I don't like.

What to do? I suggest to myself not to shy away from these people because the odds are, this is my finaglings. I suggest to myself that it is okay to not want to Own the Yuck, but I might want to Own the Yuck anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home