Friday, April 6, 2012

Back to Seriousness!

Back to seriousness!

I'm really amazed just how true the statement is, "When the student is ready, the teacher will be found." I have recently become aware of how many  "teachers" I have in my life. And I'm sure it is because, only in the last decade, have I become teachable.

So one of my "teachers" is my supervisor who is telling me about a conversation  he had on the phone. He is teaching me how to be assertive - he just doesn't know it.

Another of my "teachers" is a friend who gave a $20 tip to a person in need. She is teaching me to give more - she just doesn't know it.

Another "teacher" is a co-worker who makes the work place . . . work for her. She is teaching me to take charge - she just doesn't know it.

Another "teacher" is a friend who speaks too assertively. She is teaching me to keep my mouth shut - she just doesn't know it.

And my final "teacher" is a friend who calls her mother every week - she is teaching me to stop resisting responsibilities, she just doesn't know it.

Kudos to all my teachers out there - you are wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home