Saturday, April 7, 2012

Not Ashamed to Call Us . . .

I'm at a place in life where pretty much what is . . . is what is going to be. In other words, the way things are now . . . is pretty much the way things are going to be. So if I don't like the present, I'm not going to like the future.

So I work hard at liking the Present.

One exercise I enjoy is whenever I am around people, I imagine each one as an expression of God. In other words, I pretend that God disperses Himself into thousands of containers and this is what He looks like in Thousands Of Containers. And I look at each Container (person) and marvel at that expression of God. And it is sorta fun because it helps jar the stereotype of who God is and who people are.

So today I was in Aldi and I looked around at all the Expressions of God and He looked funny and odd and weird and tired and interesting and busy and kind and good and patient and poor and confused and respectful and did I say, gentle?

I liked imaging that God is not ashamed to "own" us; God is not ashamed to "own" our expression of Him. If I were God, my ego would have to make sure that "yawl" got it right. He is ego-less. "Us-all" get to just be "owned" - we get to just be loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home