Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Movies" of Our Own Making

I have a relative that spends his life either working or watching movies.(Netflix doesn't help). I have watched this relative's life shrivel.

I have also watched myself struggle to live in the Present, to be present to the Present Moment. This last week, after being subject to a lot of criticism, I watched myself, at the end of the day, reliving the criticism. At that point, I reminded myself that that was literal energy being spent on that which would not bring me or anyone else . . . Life. In essence, I was also watching a "movie", a reality that didn't exist.

So this relative is not the only one guilty of spending most of his life either working or watching movies. Whenever I am not living in the Present, I am watching a "movie" of my own making.

What a waste!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home