Sunday, October 21, 2012

Truth and Reality

When I lay down at night, I watch old habits demand my acquiescence. I watch old habits of Longings and Despairing wanting to tell me that they are Truth and they are Reality . . . and that if I want Truth and I want Reality, I need to embrace them.

And so I take a deep breath, and I tell them that if I follow them to their home, that that will be a waste of energy. I tell Longings that that which I long for, I have. And I tell Despair that despair is a passive aggressive way of giving God the finger.

So I take another deep breath and I focus on where I experienced God that day and on the good things in my life. I go deep within and I remind myself that I can choose to be where God is and where peace is and where life is. I can go to that place of nonjudgement.

I take responsibility for my emotional state. I take responsibility for guarding true Truth and real Reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home